this guy.....

 hello everyone!

i am busy trying to find something i saved on my computer sometime last year and i stumbled across this layout (does that EVER happen to you?  looking for something and then ending up not even worrying about it anymore because you found something better?)

this layout was very special to me.  i made it with the gorgeous limited edition Lady Pattern Paper Gold and Blue Papers - and i fell in love with them the moment i set eyes on them.  it helped that i had the perfect memories to scrap...

the papers were released early July 2016 and i had just completed the first Scrapbook Studio Secret Scrapbook Event Tour (5 venues all over South Africa over a 2 week period).  it was a grueling but amazing tour.  what made it even more amazing was that it was the first time my husband came to help me over the 3 weekend Events (which were really big). he never really knew what went into organising a National Event with just over 300 scrappers attending at the different venues.

i think he got the shock of a lifetime.

he was amazing.  i just fell in love all over again with him (and i think so did a few ladies at the venues did too!)

You can read about my Secret Scrapbook Event 2016 journey here 

back to the layout...


i used technique paper and coloured a few small pieces using some blue and gold inks that react with water. once dry, i embossed the pieces in my GoCut and Emboss Machine with an embossing folder.  i then lightly swiped a dark blue ink over the embossed areas and punched some flowers from the pieces. i stuck them between some gorgeous Petaloo flowers that were layered on top of flowers cut from Lady Pattern Paper's Gold papers.


i only use my Silhouette for one thing - to make my own titles.  the machine loves Lady Pattern Paper.  for my bow, i coloured two pieces of seam binding using the same inks that i used for the flowers.

here is another close up of the other flower cluster. i dug out some REALLY old stamps and added little words that mean something to me here and there....  like this moment where Marius is just hugging me - i did not even know someone took this photo, but when i downloaded all the millions of photos from my camera that everyone used during the Tour, there it was....
it is a bit blurry, but it is just too precious and i had to use it on the layout.

hope you found a little inspiration here today - please feel free to copy the page/design for your own personal use.  i would LOVE to see it - so find me on Facebook and share it with me!

oh, i almost forgot....  i have a YOUTUBE channel now - you can subscribe to it!  i post lots of technique videos there.  they are quick and fun - nothing serious - just some happiness!  i am sharing one of my quickies at the bottom of this post using some of the blue Lady Pattern Paper for a fun element!!  if you like it - please let me know!

 big hugs!





Comments