being sad..........

i am very sad today. have been for a whole week. but today i am really sad. my spirit is crushed. i think it has been irreparably damaged. i have not had literal heartache in many years. it hurts so much that the pain makes me feel as if i will break into a million pieces. i am not depressed. i don't get depressed. i am fully aware of my sadness and the reason for it. although i am very pragmatic about it, it is still almost unbearable. i have therefore turned to my Heavenly Father, and reminded Him of a promise He made to me and all His children in Ezekiel 36:26. He says " and I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put into you." i took that today. i took my new spirit. i choose to let go of the sadness. my reason for being sad is not going to disappear. it will not go away. but with a new spirit, i know that i will be able to bear it. i know that i will be able to tackle the sadness head on. i will not be crushed again. i will not allow my new spirit to be broken down. i will remind God of the promise that His Grace is enough for me. He has to sustain me. He is my anchor. sometimes we can only see the rainbow at the other end through the tears in our eyes. and , should i falter, i know that God is faithful, and He will renew my Spirit again. i trust Him completely. i am so thankful that He does not forsake me, regardless of how weak i am. Thank you, Father.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ek sal jou die link stuur ... die preek vanoggend het juis gegaan oor "Weakness" . Ek sal baie, baie graag dat jy dit hoor xx
chilli pip said…
thinking of you .
Debbie Harris said…
Lots of love, hugs and strength my friend! xxx