life is a journey....


life is a journey. sometimes i look at my life and i wonder how on earth i got here. right here where i am, right now. and i think of where i have been, and how it truly is a miracle that despite all the detours i took in the last 20 years, i am sure that i am exactly where i am supposed to be. and i am sure that regardless of those detours, God is in control of my life, and He has a plan with my life - as He does with all who call Him Father. it will be Father's day in 2 weeks. my father is no longer in my life, and i sometimes pine for him - he was a wonderful dad. i think that is why i cling to God as a Father - and why it is easy for me to accept Him as my Father. because i had a great dad, so when i think of God as a Father, i think of someone who is patient, loving, kind, firm, available, consistent, true to himself and safe. like a safe place to be. a refuge. when it is chaos around me, i cling to the promise of Peace He gave to His children. and i know that i can claim that peace. this week, once again, He came through for me. i needed help. and miraculously, He provided. now that i can put all the puzzle pieces together, i see His hand in everything that happened in the last 10 days. how, when something i thought was bad, happened, He already knew why it had to happen that way, because He had a PLAN!!!! so, once again i am amazed at God's grace and faithfulness. how when, as soon as i surrender and i am obedient, ( although i have to tell you, that is REALLY hard for me!!!!) He just proves that He is a Living God. today was also Ascension day. it is the day that Jesus went back to Heaven to sit at the Right hand of His Father. He will descend again, one day soon. and until that day, i will glorify His name! to Him be all the praise! i choose to hold on to His promises through the journey i call life. may He be with you also.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Tertia said…
I love your post. Today it was exactly a week ago that my DH had his heart attack and survived because he was at exactly the right place at exactly the time. I believe that God planned it that way. I wrote the whole story on my blog if you would like to read it.
Jenn Joncas said…
Your layout is beautiful Cariena!! The pictures of your parents at their wedding are fantastic! I am so sorry that you don't have your Dad with you anymore but am happy that he was such a good father to you while he was here (: I feel the same as you do, everything in life happens for reason, to get you where you are supposed to be (:

HUgs!!