goodbye, Gaby Girl......


i came home tonight to a sick baby. i took her to the vet after Donsie said i should - it might be tick fever. i took her. the vet told me that she has the most wonderful temprament. she told me she is beautiful. she also told me that she had a tumor that had ruptured inside and that she was bleeding to death internally. last night this time she was fine. she was nudging me for some attention. we went for a walk. this morning she was fine. now she is dead. she was almost 12 years old. she had a wonderful life. she was the most fantastic dog. my heart is so sore. i keep thinking that all my dogs are old. the other two will also die soon. i don't have children. i have been praying for a miracle child. i know i cannot have a small child with the old dogs. although my heart is breaking and i cried so hard that i thought the neighbours would come complain, i cannot help but wonder if this is not all part of God's plan. i know Gaby did not suffer. she smiled and kissed me when i said goodbye. she had never done that before. she always turned her face from mine when i hugged her. it is as if she knew. and all the time she did not make a sound................if God blesses me with a girl, she will be called Gaby. goodbye, Gaby girl. your absence will leave a huge, gaping hole. xxxxxxx
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Esther said…
Ek is so bitter jammer om te hoor. My hart huil saam met joune, maar jy sal ok wees, al neem dit biki tyd, jy sal ok wees xx lief jou
Desiréé said…
Nou huil ek sommer saam met jou.
Moz said…
My heart is sore for you my friend. Nothing prepares us for the parting of a furbaby. We too lost our two old girls, very old, in this last year and it still hurts. Lucky you being with her at the end. Remember the sweet lovable friend that Gaby was and enjoy the memories ~ they will never leave you. Big hugz from a tearful friend.
ursula Uphof said…
My heart goes out to you, Big warm hugz.
france papillon said…
sending you warm thoughts.
Julina said…
Ag Cariena, my hart huil saam met jou. Ek het my Ogies vasgehou terwyl sy die inspuiting gekry het. Die seer gaan nooit weg nie, maar dit raak 'n bietjie beter. Sterkte.
Ann said…
My heart and eyes are crying for you and your loss. I'm sending a warm hug to you and praying you feel the arms of the Lord around you as you grieve your beloved Gabby. Cariena, please continue to allow all these things so heavy in your heart to draw you closer to the Lord, and look to His will being done in your life. Remember, he knew your whole life story before you were even conceived. Hugs to you my friend, Rea
Anonymous said…
Beter nou al?
Anonymous said…
There's a doggie door that never closes, though it opens but one way- It's the door that leads to Heaven at the end of life's long day. It's the door to peace and healing and the door to joy and grace, where the Master greets each canine by name and a warm embrace. The loved Gaby who pass through into the light that's shining there, find a sweet and perfect home within our Farther's loving care.
chilli pip said…
Ahh Cariena now you have put a huge lump in my throat.
poor Gaby
you take care