organising.........





well, i promised i would share my wonderfully messy workspace with you, and TADA!!! here goes.............i would like to dedicated this post to my VERY, SUPER ORGANISED PA- DESIREE. maybe now you will understand.....
this is what it looked like until last night when i decided that i HAD to clean up...........remember that project i have to finish before X'mas for Hester..........so, i tackled it.



of course i could not clean without using the scraps on the table and the FINDINGS!!! i love finding things under the clutter - something i stamped and threw to the side, a left over piece of ribbon, a playing card, dismantled projects etc etc.






the 7 of hearts ATC was made because the playing card was lying there, and i had been looking at it for almost 6 months - i knew i wanted to do something, but WHAT???? i then decided to sand it a bit, blended with distress tool - some Vintage Photo and Tea Dye and added some glossy accents to the hearts. the ribbons are leftovers i found while cleaning and the stamp is my itti bitty syaings from HOTP.


the "Great Job" panel was made when i found a leftover background from the chunky book pages i finished last week that was hiding underneath something on the table. i had received my new Paperbag Studio Stamps from Niki this week, so i was stamping all the images randomly.


my eye then caught the background and some leftover paper. so i thought i would use it all to make SOMETHING. i am still not sure what it is good for, but it is an artful thing!! Like Wendy Vecchi says - MAKE ART!!

Lastly the X'mas card. found the leftover piece of textured acetate. wondered what would happen if i stamped with Stazon and coloured with my Copics. well, the Copics don't really love acetate, so i just added stickles, stapled it with my mini attacher to white leftover cs lying on the table, matted it on black (had to pull that from stash) and used the dismantled flocked paper from a project i hated by MM that i also found while cleaning. quick card.




there you have it!! my desk looks like THIS now - i hope for at least an hour or two while i go to church, and then i can MESS IT UP AGAIN!!!

Comments

Amanda said…
Cariena - please send the cleaning fairy over to KZN - my space also needs some cleaning up! Best is that one can still create even when it is sucha mess. Have a great afternoon!
Desiréé said…
Dog my hart gaan staan toe ek daai eerste foto sien!!! I didn't thing it was THAT bad :-) BUUUUTTTTT ... the last photo .... WOW, I am so impressed!
Regina said…
Yep the first one is what my desk looks like too! I always love finding all the goodies hidden by my mess...lol
love all of your projects!