another Clean and Simple Layout...


i made this layout for my 12 x 12 Heidi Swapp perpetual calender. it is a VERY old photo (can't tell you how old, 'cause then you will know how old I AM!!) but over 35 years old, of me and my mother in our wheat fields on the farm. i scanned it and then enlarged it. the colour kept remarkably well, and i wanted to pick up on the wonderful colours in the old picture. i used some home made embellishments - corrugated board cut in a circle, embossed and stickled, sewing with interesting fibres, a wax seal embellishment and a nice fiskars punched border, some strips of patterned paper and a few flowers. the journaling was done on a piece of plain cardstock lightly stenciled with a sequin stencil and typed on my PC. i know it is VERY CAS (clean and simple) but i really thought the picture lent itself to no frills. i also thought the fibres kind of mimicked the "rolling wheat fields", but that could be wishful thinking!!

i delivered all the stuff to the shop today - we will now have to wait and see if it sells................i actually forgot to take pictures of my last stuff, but i really got so tired of taking every single item out of the bag, setting it up to be photographed, waiting for the right lighting (we have been having terrible weather, so no nice sunshine at the right time) but i promise i will do better next time!!

hope you guys have a SUPER week - i have a VERY busy one ahead. thank you so much for all the beautiful comments - it really makes my day to get one, or two, or three......................xxxxx
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Desiréé said…
I like ... I like ...