Unity Stamp Challenge at Scrap and Stamp Saturday

hello everyone!!

well, the big news is that i have been chosen for my first design team!! i am so excited! Regina at Scrap and Stamp Saturday contacted me the beginning of this week!! yippeee!! I REALLY need to be challenged sometimes - otherwise i just faff.....

Pamela gave us a stunning sketch this week, and you can also enter the challenge and win a stunning prize here.


my layout is very simple - but first a bit of background...... we have a very small farming community in my area, called LOERIE. they farm with citrus, dairy cows and vegetables mostly. every year they have a festival they call "Naartjiefees" or translated, Tangerine Festival. it is actually a glorified church fête. no alcohol is allowed, there are lots of stalls selling various home made and Chinese goods, lots of food and snacks some live entertainment and of course tangerines!! i have lived in this are for over 10 years, and i have never been there! this year my husband and i decided that we were going to go. what an experience!! very dusty and hot, BUT, the people................ all these people were watching the performers and my husband and i were parellel to the stage, so we had an excellent view. the people's faces........and the various different kinds of people! WOW.............it really represented our society in all it's flavours!!


here is a close up of the letters. plain chipboard that i painted dark brown with acrylic paint and then added glossy accents.
here is a close up of where i used my faux stitching stamps - i do not own a sewing machine, but i adore the effect! i made my own journaling tag - plain white cardstock, held a ruler and just dotted the spots. i then distressed it with tea dye and a slight bit of pine needles with my blending tool
i stamped some swirls on the two corners and added some flowers with a button and some bling to the edges of the stamped swirls.

and there you have it! a really quick layout! please leave a comment and also visit the Scrap and Stamp Saturday blog to enter the challenge! someone has to win the prize!!!

Comments

Amanda said…
Congrats Cariena!! You go girl! Love your layout. Enjoy your weekend.
Sweet Momiji said…
Gorgeous layout, Cariena! I love the beautiful colors and all the fab details! Beautiful job with the sketch!
Have a great weekend!
Hollie
Moz said…
Fantastic layout!So excited for you - well deserved.
Hugz
Desiréé said…
I'm so proud of you!!
Well done.
paola said…
congratulations!!! that is wonderful news, good luck, not that you will need it. I love the things you do with all your Tim Holtz and alcahol inks, way off my comfort zone.
smiles
Paola
Regina said…
gorgeous layout! I love the colors! you are a wonderful addition to our team!