tim's 12 days of Christmas tags.....

i had a WHOLE day to myself today! i decided to make some of Tim's tags my own way! i had so much fun! it is actually quite a challenge if you don't have all the products, but it forces you to make do with what you have! in the purple tag i made the flower with tissue tape as shown by Tim on his blog. so easy and alot of fun! the rest of the tag is basic - coloured using distress inks, stamped the splatter stamp with white paint dabber and coloured the prima bling with alcohol inks! if you want to see the real McCoy, here is the link!
this was the best one to make so far! i LOVED making the numbers with UTEE and giving it the worn enamel look with the black paint dabber. also loved using the puff paint and the distress stickles! i did not know that you can use a heat gun to speed up the drying process! loved using the crackle paint and the white paint dabber for the resist technique around the edges! full instructions for this tag can be found here
more techniques on this one! did you EVER think that you can use alcohol inks as a resist? you can see Tim do it here. i was very sceptical, but it worked like a charm! i did not have the seasonal paper stash ( i am buying one tomorrow at Scrapbook Studio Jeffreys Bay) so i just covered my tag with a patterned paper that showed off the fragment. i improvised alot on this tag, as i don't have all the items Tim used. i stamped the sentiment with Distress Embossing Ink and used the Faded Jeans Distressing Embossing powder. love that stuff! hope you enjoy my version of the tags so far! please let me know if you do!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like all your versions, and I also think that it is way more fun to improvise and use what you have than just copy.
Great tags!
Eileen
france papillon said…
every time i come to your blog i get blown away! these versions are stunning! the last one is my favorite :) France (ATT)
inge said…
Hello Cariena,
thanks for your reaction on my tags on pinkepinke !
I like your third tag the most : I love the monochromatic blue colorscheme.

Awsome technique ànd easy to do with the alcohol ink, don't you think so ?
I really love the effect and yours did come out great.

greetings from Belgium
Inge
Anonymous said…
Cariena, I followed your version of tim's tags last year and was so impressed at your ability to improvise and the wonderful results, that, when I saw his fist tag, my thought was ' will Cariena do her version this year?' I am so glad you are and love these three tags. Looking forward to the rest of the series. Wonderful work and well done!
hugz always
Moz
OhSuz said…
Love your tags! The puff paint for Santa's beard was a great idea! Beautiful! Suzie
Shelly Hickox said…
Your tags are all fantastic! I especially love the red Santa tag - that's my favorite of Tim's too!
Kathy Eddy said…
great tags and it looks like you are having a ball coming up with supplies to use for these. Isn't it fun!
Shirley said…
Your tags are fabulous! You did a wonderful job on these. Looks like you had exactly what you needed:)
Anonymous said…
Tags, are great! Hope your doing well, hugs, Rea
france papillon said…
i wasn't really concentrating while clicking away and wow, this was a beautiful surprise. these tags are gorgeous. the last one is my favourite. it looks so soft!