Tim Holtz 12 Days of Xmas Tag #3


oooeeeee............i loved today's technique!!! i saw that Tim had 2098 comments just now - i think that is after his tag has been on display for less than 12 hours.............imagine if he ran for president.....LOL!! Anyway, here is my version of the PLAID Alcohol Ink Technique tag. once again - limited supplies, especially on the metal hardware side (any Samaritans out there? it is X'mas time......) and also no Pitch Black Alcohol ink (a slipup on my side - i was sure i had it........) but, another item on the X'mas wishlist! i used reds, greens, butterscotch and slate to make the plaid. i then stamped Tim's Santa with Archival ink. i used Peeled Paint Distress Ink to color the tag, and Walnut Stain to do the edges. i then stamped the holly stamp with Distress Embossing Ink and used Peeled Paint Distress EP. I cut the holly out, edged it with walnut stain to make it pop a but and used a wish tag edged with Tea Dye and a Sprocket Gear and Game Spinner as hardware. wrapped the string around the tag and VOILA!! i wish i had the splatter and the flourish (hint-hint) but decided against a make shift splatter- the image is quite big and i did not want the tag to be too crowded!! hope you like the tag - let me know!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Amanda said…
Wow Girl, these are lovely! Enjoy making the rest. I'll pop in regularly to have a look.
Hugs
oooh I am so jealous that i have to wait until I get home - grrr LOL - I have been spending my extra time on these little tags and now i'm getting behind in everything else. LOL See what you did!
Just Beautiful...LOVE your tag!
Anonymous said…
Stunning! Wish I had more stuff so I could try them.....but, my turn will come.....hopefully next year.....my turn will come!!

Keep up the good work, the drive and the willingness to share. It is appreciated.

Yvonne
Desiréé said…
i like ... i like ...
ScrappyPam said…
Beautiful tag! I really like how your background came out - it's gorgeous!
Did you really do this? LOL It is stunning. I love how yours turned out - I have so much to learn LOL